The team at Holiday Inn Express Glenrothes came up trumps on the latest IHG Heartbeart survey, scoring number one in the UK out of 137 hotels and number two out of 230 hotels in Europe – a real coup for the hotel. The Heartbeat survey measures guest ‘love’ for IHG hotels.
Lynsay Findlay, General Manager for the hotel shares her five top tips on achieving exceptionally good levels of customer service and guest satisfaction:
1. A happy team = happy guests: The importance of a happy and healthy team shouldn’t be underestimated. If your team are happy there is a good chance your guests will be too. We are like a family!
2. Nothing beats hard work: A team needs to have the confidence to take the initiative and make their own decisions but also to ask for support when required.
Luckily we don’t get many complaints but when we do, we have a set of standard procedures in place so everyone has a good foundation from which to resolve them. However, my team know that I am always at the end of a phone if they need me.
At the hotel, we also put a lot of effort into personalising our guest’s experience and pre-empting their needs as much as possible.
3. Communication is key: This applies to both internal and external communications. I prefer to deal with all complaints and problems face to face and encourage my team to do the same.
4. Celebrate success: It is essential that your team feel appreciated and are rewarded accordingly for their hard work. At the hotel, we celebrate service month which ensures the team takes the time out to give themselves a pat on the back – this normally involves food. The concept stems from IHG’s celebrate service week which focuses on giving back to the team for their hard work.
5. Never rest on your laurels: We never rest on our laurels and are always looking at ways we can improve our guest’s experiences.
The Holiday Inn Express Glenrothes is located within easy reach of Edinburgh City, Perth and historic St Andrews making is equally suitable for both business and leisure travel. For further information, visit: http://www.hiexpressglenrothes.co.uk